Rosetta’s workshops inspire audiences around the country to build meaningful careers, improve work performance, enhance their leadership skills and live with greater purpose. These sessions are interactive, informative and designed to help participants take immediate action. The topics below can be delivered as a conference breakout session or an in-house training for staff, volunteers, members or board of directors. You may also choose to combine two or more topics from the list to create a customized professional development program for your organization.
Defining Your Own Leadership: How to Develop a Personal Mission Statement
Most organizations have a mission statement to guide their work. But imagine how much more focused you could be if YOU had a mission statement for your life? Having a clear outline of what’s most important to you, what you want to achieve, and, ultimately, who you want to become can lead to a more rewarding life and career. To date, Rosetta has taught hundreds of people how to develop their own personal mission statements in what is often a life-changing experience. This interactive self-discovery workshop will guide you through a linear, three-step process to complete a personal mission statement that will forever change the way you work, lead, and live your life. As a result of this session, you will:
- Discover how your core values shape your approach to work, leadership and life
- Raise the quality of your relationships, leadership style and work performance
- Increase the level of satisfaction in your personal and professional life
- Begin to work with greater purpose and productivity
6 Ways to Accelerate Your Career
Are you feeling unsure of what your next steps should be to grow in your current position? Ready to move up but need some guidance on what skills you need to advance in your industry? Well, sometimes the best way to give yourself a career jumpstart is to invest in your own professional development so that you can begin to see immediate progress. Based on the concepts in Rosetta’s first book, How to Become a Nonprofit Rockstar, this interactive, lively presentation will uncover six ways to accelerate your career, including:
- How to develop valuable expertise (even if you’re “just” an intern)
- Strategies for building a strong professional network
- Ideas to help you establish a great personal brand
- Opportunities to practice authentic leadership
- Steps to achieve work/life balance
- Tips for when and how to move on up in your career
Participants will take away several concrete ideas for career development that can be implemented right away.
Personal Branding 101: How to Use Social Media to Advance Your Career
Your “personal brand” is just a fancy synonym for your professional reputation. And let’s face it. Everyone has one, whether you like it or not. The question is: Is yours a good one? Well, if you’re having trouble getting the jobs, promotions and leadership opportunities you want, then you may need to invest some time in developing or refining your personal brand. When you have a great professional reputation, you become known as the “go-to” person in your field that is well-positioned to influence others and effect meaningful social change.
This interactive presentation will help you:
- Understand the origins of personal branding and how it can help accelerate your career
- Conduct an “audit” of your current personal brand
- Share your expertise and grow your professional network using four of the most effective online tools available today: blogging, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
9 Steps to Build Your Professional Network for Social Capital and Community Change
One of the most powerful strategies to thriving in your career or moving up in the nonprofit sector is to network, network, and network some more. You’ve heard this mantra so many times because it’s true! But how do you network if you don’t have much of a “network?” And more importantly, how can you use these connections not only to benefit your own career, but to impact your organization and the causes you care about? These days, technology has made communication much less time-consuming, however the old-fashioned methods of networking still hold true. This session will reveal nine proven strategies that you can put into practice immediately to build your professional network – both online and offline.
Managing Across Generations: How to Get the Best Out of a Multi-Generational Team
Today, there are four different generations leading together in the nonprofit sector. But by the year 2020, there will actually be FIVE distinct generations working side-by-side, with Millennials representing 50 percent of the workforce. What should your organization be doing now to ensure a culture of leadership and innovation instead of conflict and ineffectiveness? This presentation combines research with humor and practical ideas that will help you:
- Understand the what, how and why of the different generations in the nonprofit workforce
- Recognize and avoid unproductive generational conflicts
- Determine appropriate strategies for promoting shared leadership and intergenerational collaboration
- Motivate and manage a multi-generational team
- Cultivate and strengthen leadership at all levels of your organization
Thrive: How to Become a More Resilient Leader
The landscape of the nonprofit sector is changing so rapidly that many would rather stick their heads in the sand instead of facing the fact that there’s no more “business as usual.” In times like these, it’s important to grow your ability to face organizational challenges head-on so that you can bounce back from crisis like a rubber band. But how can you become better and stronger when it feels like you’re just putting out fires all day long? This session will show you how to tap into resilience as a skill you can use to strengthen your leadership as well as your organization in times of stress and uncertainty. You will learn how to:
- Approach those difficult, but necessary conversations in your organization with a sense of calm and clarity
- Manage your fear and adapt more easily to changing circumstances and challenging situations at work
- Put a daily practice into place that will help you stay focused on the most important tasks on your to-do list
- Overcome mistakes at work with humility and maturity
- Identify and access a support network that can help you navigate personal and professional challenges
Click here to set up a free phone consultation with Rosetta to discuss how she can deliver a workshop or training session for your staff, volunteers, members or board of directors.